This course is for those who work with children and young people in a sport or leisure setting. The purpose of the course is to raise your understanding of abuse and neglect, assist you to recognise early signs that there may be a problem, and show you how to take appropriate action. It is essential for everyone that works with children and young people in any sport or leisure capacity to be conscious of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
This five module coursecomprehensively covers:
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.