The signs and indicators of neglect will be explored, and this course will help you comprehend and understand what action you should take in order to report it. There is comprehensive advice on in what way you can support a child or young person who is facing neglect. The purpose is to advance your understanding of neglect and comprehend the factors that may contribute to it. Cultivate understanding of the diverse forms of neglect and in what way it can impact children and young people. Using the Assessment Framework to identify essential developmental needs and the dimensions of which these are possibly impacted.
This course is suitable for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people of any age in any setting.
This course comprehensively covers:
- what neglect is and how common it is
- the diverse areas of a child or young person’s life that neglect might affect and the cost of neglect to society
- the key components of effective parenting and the factors that might add to child neglect
- the work of professionals in children’s social care, whose job it is to weigh up all the factors and consider interventions to protect children who may be at risk of harm
- the signs and indicators that should alert you to the possibility a child or young person is being neglected and how to report your concerns