The number of fires that occur in UK schools has decreased in recent history. However, the latest 2018-2019 government fire statistics show there is still much room for improvement, when it comes to fire safety in schools. In 2018-2019 there were 582 fires in UK schools.
The purpose of this course is to prepare everyone who works in a school, college or other educational setting with practical day- to-day knowledge of fire safety. It includes the importance of fire safety procedures, how to use a fire extinguisher, the different classes of fire and what to do in the event of a fire in the workplace. Fire Safety in Education offers guidance on how to ensure the safety of all staff and students.
This course comprehensively covers:
- the importance of fire safety training including legislation
- the nature of the fire
- fire hazards
- what to do in the event of a fire
- how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- multiple-choice questionnaires
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference