Cannulation is the most commonly performed invasive procedure and it’s important to know the correct technique, skills and knowledge to perform this procedure well and to a safe standard. This Cannulation training course will teach your staff what a cannula is, the characteristics of an appropriate vein, equipment needed, the potential risks/hazards, and how to deal with sharp injuries. This online Cannulation course is suitable for all registered healthcare professionals including nurses, midwives, health visitors and pharmacists.
The aim of this Cannulation Training Course is to greater increase your knowledge of cannulation and how to perform it safely.
The key points covered in this course are:
- What is a cannula
- Advantages of cannulation
- Indications of cannulation
- Anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system
- Characteristics of veins
- Assessment of patient
- Equipment and reasons for cannula selection
- Peripheral intravenous cannulation
- Dealing with sharps injury