This course is an intermediate course that aims to build on and consolidate the language skills already acquired through the first three modules to develop students’ overall communicative competence with the focus on meeting their immediate personal and academic needs.
New Headway English Course is a development of the highly successful multi-level Headway series. The choice of activities and materials makes the learning of English stimulating and motivating for both adult and young adult learners. The course combines the best of traditional methods with more recent approaches to help students use English accurately and fluently, and provides a fully comprehensive language teaching series from beginner to advanced.
We employ New Headway’s trusted methodology that combines:
- solid grammar and practice,
- vocabulary development
- integrated skills with communicative role-plays
Authentic material from a variety of sources enables students to see English language in context, and a range of comprehension tasks, language and vocabulary exercises, and extension activities practise the four skills.
- Clear focus on grammar
- Balanced, integrated-skills syllabus
- Real-world speaking skills
- Everyday English
- Spoken English
- Music of English
The Intermediate course aims to achieve the following goals:
- Understand a wide variety of longer texts, both spoken and written
- Produce an extended oral discourse and participate in longer conversations
- Construct a range of cohesive texts with multiple paragraphs
- Demonstrate consistent control of a range of grammatical structures
Who this course is for
This new intermediate course fits neatly between Headway Pre-Intermediate, and Headway Upper-Intermediate, and together with Headway Elementary and Headway Advanced provides a comprehensive language teaching series for today’s learners.