Headway Academic Skills
A four-level, paired skills course that teaches students the essential skills for academic success.
Headway Academic Skills The course focuses on developing the specific skills required for academic studies & exploring strategies for success in academic learning. It also offers guidance in key study areas & provides plenty of practice to encourage learner independence.
Designed for students moving on to academic studies or for those on a foundation programme
The series focuses on improving students’ academic skills by:
- Developing the specific skills required for academic studies through a wide range of topics.
- Exploring strategies to help students with new vocabulary, and to record, vary, and build their vocabulary.
- Offering guidance in undertaking research, and in acknowledging sources.
- Providing plenty of guided practice as well as freer practice to encourage learner independence.
- Clear aims from the outset
- Relevant and interesting topics
- Full colour throughout for motivation
- Colour coding for easy use
- Study skills boxes outlining targets